If you’ve qualified for membership in the Million Dollar Round Table and want to get to Court or Top of the Table, there are really only two ways to make that happen:
1. Significantly increase your number of sales
2. Significantly increase the size of your sales
Either of these paths alone could get you there, as can any combination of the two. But producers are always telling me about the obstacles that keep them from reaching this production level:
• Demands on their time from paperwork and client service, etc.
• Not being able to get in front of enough quality prospects
• Competition for clients’ insurance dollars by other local agents and online offers
• Overwhelming family demands that limit their time
• Not knowing what to do
• Not having enough energy to do more than they’ve done
Unfortunately, these obstacles are often excuses for two larger underlying challenges:
Not wanting it badly enough, and not having systems and strategies that can sufficiently increase your level of production.
When you’re 100% committed to a goal, you figure out how to get the paperwork done and meet client service needs with a minimal investment of your time. You develop a plan to find more and better prospects. You find a way to position yourself to make competition irrelevant. You find a way to provide your family with the love and support they need without being overwhelmed, and you figure out what you need to do and how to raise your energy level.
And, you have strategies and systems designed to get you there. Here are some of the strategies and systems I’ve observed in producers who propelled themselves to the Top of the Table:
1. Intense Focus. If you were to interview TOT members, you would learn that each of them reached the TOT in a unique way. That’s over 2000 different ways to the top. But the thing they all have in common is being intensely focused on serving more and better clients.
Part of the reason they are so focused is the sense of urgency that comes from knowing that every twelve months they need to qualify again. They act as if their license—or at least their reputation—is on the line every day.
2. Daily success routines. Many TOT members will tell you that getting enough sleep, exercising regularly, and making healthy eating choices have impacted their ability to get to the Top of the Table and stay there. They have their own daily success routines, including start-of-the-day rituals, setting time for daily or weekly learning, personal development, and self-care.
3. Setting and pursuing goals. Getting to the Top of the Table is one of many goals top producers have. They usually have other, even bigger, longer-term goals. And they learn to “chunk” those goals down to smaller, shorter-term goals so they can keep track of their progress in increments.
4. Putting a high value on and protecting their time. Every minute of work time counts and to maximize your production, you need to maximize your time. Top producers say “no” to almost everything that doesn’t directly help them reach their goals and delegate less important work to others.
5. Specializing. Most of the top producers focus on one type of client or one type of service or product need. It brands them as specialists in their field and increases referrals to their specialty.
6. Build your marketing around their ideal client. Author Seth Godin tells us that we should be aiming for our “smallest viable market.” Top producers identify their ideal clients and build their marketing around them—in referral conversations, in how they introduce themselves, in their seminars and written content, on their web sites, and in social media.
7. Create a powerful team. It’s rare that someone gets to TOT without an exceptional team behind him or her. They invest in great people, train them well and learn how to delegate everything that does not directly generate revenue.
8. Have systems for everything you do. The more top players can automate their processes—from prospecting to client service and reviews—the more they are able to focus on their goal of qualifying for Top of the Table.
9. Get a coach. This is not a plug for my services—it’s a fact. A great number of TOT Members have utilized the services of a business coach to help them achieve their results.
If you’re serious about qualifying at the level of Court or Top of the Table, take advantage of the experience of the elite group of people who have made it and build your practice.
What’s in your way? If you’d like to talk about it, schedule a time to talk with me here.
And, in the meantime, keep REACHING…